Thursday, December 22, 2011

My favorite Things: P

I watch too much television, or too many of my favorite shows start with the letter “P”. To date I haven’t devoted too many posts to one specific category of things, I think I’ve kept my selections eclectic like me, but “p” provided me with a preponderance of possibilities in silver screen gems.


The shows are as follows: Psych, Pretender, Prison Break, and more recent addition, Phineas and Ferb.


Psych: a show about best friends. Well one likes to make people think he is a psychic, the other pretends to be pharmacist. Together they play dress up, mock anything whether it deserves it or not, and somehow manage to solve mysteries, all in 45 minutes. HI larious. I also wish to have a room of all pineapple things... “Gus, don’t be a gooey chocolate chip cookie.”


“There are pretenders among us, people with the ability to become anything they want to be...” This show follows one Pretender in particular, Jarod. He was kidnapped as a child by “the Centre” an organization that exploited his gifts for their own, or the highest bidders gain. Once he realized his ideas were not always used for good, Jarod ran away and began helping those in need. The show was about finding justice for those who couldn’t help themselves, with the Centre adding layer upon layer of mystery. This show was cancelled too soon.


Prison Break is one of those unexpected shows that kept viewers guessing from week to week. The story seems simple, one brother gets thrown in prison to break out his brother who he believes to be innocent. But this show had great characters, and non-stop action and plot twists that made this “simple” show anything but.


Finally, there is Phineas and Ferb, a cartoon about two (step) brothers. (IMO, “steps” are pretty much your brother and sister; it just becomes odd for me when I have to explain myself if I refer to one of my sisters’ dad, then people say “isn’t he your dad too?” and then I say “Oh, well technically it’s my step sister, but technically it is my sister”... but I digress). Anyway, these brothers have all sorts of adventures during their summer vacation, building roller coasters, time travel, becoming one-hit-wonders, etc. Their pet platypus Perry is a secret agent, and their sister is always trying to get them “busted” for their antics. It’s great.


Peace out Yo. (a favorite parting expression).

1 comment:

  1. I've not seen a single episode of any of these shows. Truth is, in the past 7 years or so, I've hardly watched tv.

    I do know /of/ Phineas and Ferb- saw commercials for it on Cartoon Network and everything. And I've seen the Psych ads in the subway stations. The other two are entirely unfamiliar.

    Wait, let me think. I can come up with something tv-related for P...
    ...
    ...

    Ok, got it! The Powerpuff Girls. My favorites there were Blossom, Professor Utonium, and of course Mojo Jojo. Saving the city of Townsville before bedtime... good times. :) Concurrently, I also got into Samurai Jack (not a P, but still favoritable. I mean, come on, a samurai trapped in the future!)

    Did I mention that most of the tv I did watch consisted of cartoons...?

    ReplyDelete