This is an actual word replacing the letters between “k” and “p” according to the urban dictionary. I thought it would be fun to do a quick run through with this “letter” giving a brief description of more of my favorites. This will give only a brief synopsis of four of my favorite things, in hopes of convincing people to check them out, or familiarize themselves with them.
To start, there is a film I first saw with some friends this past spring, which isn’t one of those movies I would have gravitated to by myself. Upon hearing what the movie was about, I was thoroughly convinced I would not like the movie. You see, Lars and the Real Girl is about a guy who falls in love with a sex doll. Seriously. I feel awkward just typing the description. This movie is on my favorites list because of what it is really about: people and our need to have a sense of community.
“It’s a Jungle Out There,” is so fun to sing along with as each episode of Monk begins. Adrian Monk and his “quirks” along with solving mysteries to put the bad guy away are great. The mystery is always fun to solve, even when you know who it is, it is fun watch how Monk figures it out. From Sharona to Natalie, his first case to his “last” (hoping for a TV movie reunion sometime in the future...USA Network...please...), almost every episode tells a great story in a clean, entertaining way. Plus, his compulsive behavior makes everyone watching more aware of, and less guilty about their own idiosyncrasies. Wait, that should be Mr. Monk.
Next we have Ninjas. If I have to explain why Ninjas are supremely incredible, I don’t know that I can help you. Even if I never become a Ninja, or get wealthy enough to have one fly around in my helicopter with me, just knowing Ninjas exist is comforting. Consider the following: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Chuck Norris, Snake Eyes (from GI JOE), Batman (has Ninja training, and so does Spider-man too now that I think of it) Daredevil, Ninjas, Karate Kid (Daniel-san), Three Ninjas (movie “series” from the ’90’s), NINJAS!, jasonwarrenemly the super-ninja (OK, I made that one up, but how cool would that be?!). ‘Nuff Said. Actually “‘nuff said” is another favorite, but I’m not going to explain it, you get it or you don’t...
Finally, Oprah. Just kidding. My favorite is orange juice. Now half of the women in North America will hate me for liking Orange Juice, (or oranges with cranberries and Orange Julius) more than I like Oprah. Even though I’m a guy. I will say she did help promote reading, and gave a lot back to the community. And she is a good example of the American Dream being about working to gain success, not taking from those who work to give to those who don’t feel like working. But I like Orange Juice. With or without fleas, depends on my mood.
‘nuff said
I see what you did there- Back on track with the letters-to-days ratio. Good ol' elemeno!
ReplyDeleteLars and the Real Girl - Never heard of it. Yes...the description is awkward... :/ With your recommendation, I suppose I'd give it the benefit of the doubt.
Monk - <3
'nuff said.
Ninja - A worthy choice. I'd be hard-pressed to find a better N.
Orange Juice - eh, I'm partial to grape. But I do prefer my orange with fleas.
OK I would say LIMB but in reality I was laughing out loud! This post is SOOOOO you!
ReplyDeleteL- How did I KNOW Lars would be your choice??? It sounds like it would be awful (and I truly questioned your sanity at first when you forced us all to watch it) but I actually LOVED the movie and wouldn't mind owning it someday. Despite the description the movie is super clean and has an amazing story line.
M- Monk is awesome!! It was one of my favorites and one of the few truly clean shows left. But really, with Monk in it could it have been anything other than clean? `nuff said (he he he)
N- I think I must be beyond your help... Like your Explosions, I think ninjas must be a guy thing. I mean Karate Kid was super cool but he's the only thing remotely ninja related that I ever found fascinating. Well, except Chuck Norris on Walker, Texas Ranger. (Hey, I was too young to know what bad acting was, OK?)
O- I like my orange juice flea-free and pulp-free. Always. No matter what my mood. =) Actually, when I was little I was forced to drink pulpy orange juice and it would make me gag, so I just learned to like orange juice in the last couple of years. I wouldn't classify it as a favorite though. Now oranges by themselves are my favorite fruit and you just about can't beat orange sherbet!
Ok, this is random, but I can't not share it...
ReplyDeleteThe word verification "word" that it just made me type in to post the previous comment was as follows:
sesses
No explanation should be necessary! =)