“C” is a very, very difficult one for me to decide on. Here are the few that I am torn between: Coffee, Chinese Food, and Comic Books. When trying to decide, I thought I would go with the one that had the best story to go with it, but all three have good stories. I think for this one, I will go with a vote. Now, some things, like coffee, have more of a “universal” appeal, but try to be objective when helping me assess a winner.
Coffee. It has been the cause of many wars. It has inspired many songs over the years (at least in my head as I take common/popular songs and put coffee/coffee related products in the lines, can’t remember all of them, but I did/do it. Don’t judge, I feel you judging). (This is a phenomenon known as "Singing in the Brain") Coffee is an integral part of my morning, and I don’t always enjoy mornings when I don’t have any. My memories of coffee go back as far as I can remember. Before my dad would leave for work at the butt-crack of dawn when I was a kid, he would wake me up and we would watch Woody the Wood-pecker or some other cartoon (when he would rather be watching the news) and I would take sips of coffee out of his cup. Then I started to get my own and load it with sugar like any normal kid. Then I remember one time I got in trouble at church because I was making coffee by myself (I was like 6 at the time) and even though I was doing it right, I was apparently too you.
Chinese food. As a family, we would order chinese food every once in a while. The thing that irritated me was how we always got the same thing and I was more adventurous. I wanted to try the different foods, but it was always sweet and sour pork or chicken; I wasn’t a fan. I think my mom was afraid that I wouldn’t like something and I had the feeling that something else on the menu might be my favorite food. In college I went to some Chinese buffets and I was sold, best food ever and you can have a little of each. BTW, Sesame Chicken and General Tso’s are some of my favorite Chinese dishes, just didn’t know it until college.
Comic Books. I like the form of story telling and the serialized format of the fiction (or non-fiction in some rare cases). I know some people don’t like the word bubbles. Me, I enjoy the way the stories are told. I really started reading comics when I was living with just my dad and sister. He and I would occasionally pick some up over weekends if he didn’t work on saturday. Before days of Hollywood Graphics magic, comics had (and still do really) liberty to tell stories with fantastical elements not possible for other mediums. They aren’t just pretty pictures, my favorite element is the characters in the stories, the serialized format allows for the character to grow and stretch (don’t write them all of as juvenile, you’d likely be surprised at the depth of stories and events in some comics). One would also be surprised at the movies and shows based on comics.
Which of there three would be your favorite and why? Which one has the most potential for favorite status?
P.S. Church isn’t among the contenders because it is in its own class and really, you don’t think I have planned some really creative usage of letters later on?
I vote for a three way tie! I believe that you love all three things pretty equally and they are all good things. I am the opposite because coffee I learned to love it in college (mocha's and hazelnuts are my favorite, frozen is even better than hot) but I grew up loving Chinese food! General Tso's has always been my favorite, the spicier the better. About comics... I was genuinely surprised at the depth of story-telling and character development that they can contain. My only complaint is that they are so short! They give you a taste and then you have to wait!
ReplyDeleteMy choice for C (which you would never choose) would be crocheting! You can make anything from super intricate detailed doilies for decoration to warm, thick bed-sized afghans that are wonderful for the cold. Hats, scarves, pot holders, padded hangers, and kitchen towels are all also fun things to make.
Oh, and I think that Singing in the Brain is fun! It goes quite well with LIMB! =)
I'm sorry to say that none of those three would be even be contenders for my favorite thing.
ReplyDeleteAnyone who knows me knows how I feel about coffee. So moving on...
I tried to get into comic books, but it never stuck. My brain must be wired in a way that makes it difficult for me to follow a story presented in that format. Too many pictures, not enough words.
I like Chinese food, it's just not my favorite. So if I must vote, I'll cast mine here.
My favorite "C" thing is Chai tea, whether in standard, latte, or frappucino form.
My favorite "C" would definitely be cooking. I don't do coffee or comic books, however I do love Chinese food and even waited tables at my favorite Chinese restaurant when, early on in my hairstyling career, cutting hair just wasn't paying the bills. I make a fried rice that could I could pass off as "restaurant bought".
ReplyDeleteI say you should stick to the coffee one ... I love coffee but I think your story is the best for coffee =)
ReplyDeletecomic books. I like the voting option!
ReplyDeleteIt is very interesting how everyone seems to be voting differently. Such variation in opinions, makes sense why I would be so divided...
ReplyDelete