It is ingrained into guys to enjoy action movies. Some girls like them, but non-stop action and intensity, and some senseless violence is typically geared toward guys. Good fights, gunshots, thrilling chases, fast cars, ninjas, peril, and explosions with a decent plot will make for a decent summer movie or a good flick to watch with a bunch of friends. My favorite among that list is Explosions.
Explosions are just fun. I think my fascination began with watching fireworks as a kid. The loud noise and bright colorful lights captivate attention and get your blood pumping.
Making things explode is really fun too. I remember some occasions during childhood when my cousin would blow things up. Dry-ice + empty coke bottle = fun time + complaints from neighbors. There are also ways to make cans of soda explode, but I won’t say them online lest I come under the scrutiny of the FBI or something. Also, regular fireworks you set off yourself (with um, proper adult supervision of course) are very gratifying as well.
So how many of you find that e-bay is your favorite thing? How about e-books, or do you demand classic paper versions? What about Elphaba? (don’t know Elphaba... very favoritable). How many of you love Elastic stretchy pants (as a favorite thing to make fun of)?
P.S. Emly’s are my favorite too, even former Emly’s who have traded away their names for wedded bliss. Love you macaroni and cheese. :)
We owe the Emly family of generations past much thanks. If it wasn't for them, we might not have Jason with us today.
ReplyDeleteWe might not have Myron here either. How can one blood-line contain such gems?
ReplyDeleteExplosions... hmmm... Nope. Nothing. Guess I am too much of a girl, 'cause other than fireworks being pretty, explosions don't excite me in the least.
ReplyDeleteI do like E-bay (Hello! Amazing deals?), haven't tried e-books so I guess I am a traditionalist, and since every effort to "meet" Elphaba has ended in failure I can't say she is my favorite either. And elastic stretchy pants? Really, I don't think that merits an answer. =)
I would have to go with another thought: electricity!! (It was Anita'a idea, but I agree!)