Friday, December 2, 2011

My Favorite Things: B

I had a couple of things in the running for this letter, but there was one clear winner: Baked Goods. Pretty much anything fresh baked is awesome. Fresh bread, fresh pie, fresh peach cobblers (one isn’t enough :) ) quiche, lasagna, and many more baked things are wonderful. Simply wonderful.


If you don’t like baked things, you are kicked out of the human race by decree of me. I know I touted acceptance previously, but that doesn’t mean I have to grant you continued admittance to the human race if you don’t like baked things. The only exception would be if you haven’t experienced good baking, in which case, you get to eat something baked well, enjoy it, like baked things from then on and get allowed back into the human race.


My dad does some of the best baking in the world. He would make Paula Dean jealous if she knew who he was. He is always making banana bread which is super incredible. I don’t even like bananas, but this stuff is great (Tony the Tiger, great). When it is fresh, we’ll cut of a slice and spread a bit of butter on it and temporarily transcend this level of existence. And with the mention of butter, Paula Dean now knows who you are dad (by way of googling me and having a research minion learn who you are) so you can thank me later.


Seriously, my dad should be a millionaire by way of people paying for his bread. Spread the word, visit Idaho, go to Caldwell and eat a loaf of my dad’s banana bread, give him a lot of money for it and tell everyone you know to do the same. That way I can visit Norm and Linda’s Bakery when I go home on visits. They could probably even by my plane tickets then for being their super incredible publicist.


P.S. Things that almost made the list: Batman, Brain (of Pinky and the) Balderdash (the game) and Bean Bags.

P.S.S. or P.P.S which ever it is supposed to be: Dad, your Banana Bread Beat Batman for the B!

8 comments:

  1. I must agree with your B, so I suppose I meet your requirements to be considered human. Baked goods of all different types are wonderful. And homemade ones are the best because over half the fun come from making them! While banana bread is one of the best (and anything peach is one of the worst), you left off the absolute best baked goods of all time - brownies!!!! And it's followed closely by cheesecake, homemade chocolate chip cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and while I agree with yours, I forgot to add that that MY favorite thing that begins with B would be BOOKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing that begins with B is breakfast I make a mean banana walnut pancake so you just learned two things about me my favorite thing and that i''m not human because that's fried not baked lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne: Peaches? Really? What is wrong with you :) Books I get, but why hate on peaches? Wait, are you allergic to peaches?
    Leroy: Breakfast is the best meal of the day, I could eat breakfast food for every meal.
    NEW DECREE: If you don't like baked goods, but like breakfast, you are still allowed to be human. Unless you like being not-human, in which case there would be a verbal or written request made to seek re-admittance in to humanity. That way you could be not-human until such point you want to be human again by making the request known in written or verbal form with the declaration of your appreciation for breakfast. BUT if one waits to long and begins growing antennae, appeasement must be made in the form of delicious banana walnut pancakes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am allergic to peaches, which probably accounts for my severe dislike of them. But I have been known to make a mean peach cobbler for others to eat...

    And your new decree is hilarious! It makes me want to not like baked goods just to get the antennae! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baked goods. Although being kicked out of the human race by decree of Jason does sound interesting.
    And it is P.P.S. - post postscript.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sad that your favorite B thing is not Benny... :( Okay, maybe not that sad, but it wasn't even in the running!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Benny, you aren't a "thing." Batman is pretend (maybe?) but you could be my favorite "B" person, or at least a close tie with Bugs Bunny...

    ReplyDelete