Let me preface this favorite: this has nothing to do with being on a “bandwagon.” My favorite “G” thing is the Green Bay Packers. For some reason they just became my favorite sports team when I was younger. Now, I am not an avid football fan by any means, but in as much as I enjoy the sport they are my favorite team.
One ironic note is my dad likes the Vikings, which is one of the Packers rivals, but I would not be swayed. Brett Favre was one of my favorite players, which made it devastating when he joined their ranks. One time I started talking with some girl in Starbucks while I lived in Oklahoma, during the time Favre was playing for the Vikings. She happened to be a Vikings fan seeing she was from Minnesota. To me he was a traitor, and to her he was an enemy still, the “bad guy” in all of her childhood sports memories. I didn’t like football that year.
Now last year on the other hand, was a very good year. Super Bowl champions... Again. Very proud of them starting out undefeated this year. Looking forward to seeing them win back to back.
I’ve always wanted to go to one of their games, and almost had the chance a couple of times when they played in Dallas on a Thursday night. The one year I was going to go, the price for tickets jumped too high when both teams went 10-0 for the season. Some day I may go to Wisconsin for a game (dreams still come true...) to be in the presence of my fellow cheese-heads.
Green Bay? Green Bay Packers? Really? I just don't have the words...
ReplyDeleteHow about goats, or gorillas, or geocaching, google, Gooding (you've been there!), umm... gofers, golf!, go-carts, galoshes, global warming, Grisham (as in john), Gotham City... almost anything else...
Goats are cool, google is too easy, I like Grisham, but GLOBAL WARMING? Global warming is bad fiction. But galoshes is fun to say...
ReplyDeleteNext, how can you not like the Packers? I thought you were cool. Is it because they don't wear orange?
I kinda wish I could say that the Giants are my favorite, just to be contrary. Truthfully, I don't like football much.
ReplyDeleteI'd probably go with gardens. Whether botanical or vegetable, they're pretty cool.
You made me laugh! Maybe they should wear orange... still don't think I would like them, but at least it would be fun.
ReplyDeleteWell, I have been a Packer fan since I was 13, so I must agree with this one. The year that Favre played for the Vikings was the year I didn't watch any football at all! =)
ReplyDeleteI love gardens too like Anita, especially vegetable! I would love to grow my own vegetables again someday, but it just doesn't work so well in apartment living.
I think I will add my own "G" to this one. Group would be my favorite "G" thing. Maybe this partially ties back to the acceptance concept, but there is something about being a part of a group that is very special. It can be a church group, a group of friends, or even a group of people with only one thing in common... but groups are cool.