OK, I don’t know if you noticed, but I managed to make it to twenty posts with this one. I have a blog from before which lasted to 19 posts, but it has sort of “ended” as writing it was an outlet as I was taking some needed steps in personal growth. The journey (the one in my previous blog) isn’t over, but I guess I just don’t need that particular outlet any more.
So as I make it to 20 posts, it is a pretty cool milestone, and I wanted to celebrate, by playing 20 questions. The way this will work is there are twenty questions (hence the name). Read all twenty questions, and think about your answers, you may even print of the page and write in your answers over a couple of days. Once you’ve answered all of the questions, post a comment with all of the answers.
My hope is that I will have 100 followers by the time I post this, so there should be something like 2000 (actually, 2020 since mine will be there too) answers to read over the next week or so. You get it so let’s get to the Q’s.
- What is your middle name and what is the story behind getting it for your middle name?
- What is you favorite childhood memory related to food?
- What was you first job?
- Which national landmarks have you been to?
- If there was a signature drink named after you, what would that drink be?
- If you could have picked your own name when you were born, what would your full name be now? (Even if you are happy with your name now).
- What is your favorite Bible verse? (write out verse, not just reference)
- Who is your favorite super-hero(ine) and why?
- If you could be a guest on any talk-show, past, present or future, which one would it be and what would the topic of the day be?
- What is your favorite Bible story from when you were a kid?
- What “nick-name” did one of your parents call you for as long as you can remember?
- Who is your favorite Ninja Turtle?
- What one thing would five-year-old-you tell you to change about your life right now?
- What was the best birthday/Christmas present you were ever given?
- Which song makes you wanna cry every time you hear it?
- If you just knew how to play, which musical instrument would you play?
- Who was one of your favorite teachers, and in what way did they inspire you?
- Where in the world have you not been but would most like to visit?
- If you had to eat a bucket of worms or go skydiving, which would you choose? (and “depends on size of the bucket” cannot be your answer)
- Who would have a bullet wound after getting shot for making the worst song ever and what is the name of the horrible song?
Look forward to seeing the answers...
1. Valeria. Mom wanted that to be my first name, but dad insisted on an Indian first name.
ReplyDelete2. During a particularly trying period in our family life, we instituted Tea Time. There are no food-related memories of which I'm fonder than sitting around in the late afternoon with my mom, younger brother, a pot of tea, and plate of biscuits.
3. Tutor
4. Well,seeing as how I live in a city chock full of them... Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Chamber of Commerce, City Hall, Empire State Building, Grand Central Terminal, USS Intrepid, R.H. Macy & Company, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York Public Library, Plaza Hotel, Rockefellar Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, St. Paul's Chapel, Tiffany & Company, Trinity Church, Union Square, Statue of Liberty, Castle Clinton, and Grant's Tomb.
5. Some type of tea, no doubt.
6. Who would have the reasoning capability to choose one's own name at birth? (Sorry, just my way of avoiding the question, as I am satisfied with my given name and can't picture myself with another.)
7. Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
8. Link from the Legend of Zelda. Why...? Does that /really/ need an explanation? It's like asking why one likes Mario or Luigi.
9. I have no desire to be a guest on any talk show whatsoever. Even if I could be- I wouldn't.
10. As a young child I only knew the Christmas and Easter stories, and between the two of them I'd say my kid-self vastly preferred the baby one over the death one.
11. Ana-ji
12. Leonardo. No...Donatello. Leo! Donny! I...can't...decide...
Gah...okay, let's go with Leo.
13. Get a cat
14. ??? I dunno... A digital camera, I guess...
15. God's Been Good
16. Violin
17. 5th grade teacher Mr. Dimetory. My 5th grade self was exceedingly taciturn, painfully shy, and terribly discontent. He took an interest in my well-being, even speaking to my mom about it, and did much to encourage me.
18. India. Or Italy.
19. Skydiving
20. Strangely worded question Jason. ;) I suppose anyone would have a bullet wound after getting shot, regardless of the reason (unless they had some type of protection at the time).
I don't know any song horrible enough to shoot someone over, but if there is one I imagine it's some particularly filthy rap.
Wow, first off it must have taken forever to think of all these questions! Ok here goes nothing...
ReplyDelete1. Middle name: Marie - The story behind it is I was going to be Anne Shirley Stevens until my very wise and kind parents looked at the initials and decided against burdening me with such initials as that name would compose. I became Anne Marie Stevens instead. =)
2. Childhood memory about food: My dad used to make popcorn on Saturday nights. He would do it on the stove in those little prefilled metal pans that rose up into a dome as the popcorn popped. It was always so cool to watch the popcorn make the metal raise up! And then he, my sister, and I would sit and watch Star-Trek together while eating the coolest popcorn ever.
3. First job: Other than babysitting which is work, but not an actual job... I worked in my Dad's law office as a data entry clerk and then temporarily as his secretary when his secretary quit.
4. National Landmarks: None. I have lived an awfully boring, non-vacation taking, no landmark visiting life. But I would love to see them! Maybe someday...
5. Signature Drink: I guess I would choose a Mocha Mint Frappachino with No Whip Cream (from Panera)
6. If I picked my own name: While I love my name now and have no particular desire to change it, as a child I loved the name “Julie.” Then as a teen I loved the name “Ruth.”
7. Favorite verse: This is a hard one because there are many precious to me. The entire chapter of Psalm 139 would be my favorite chapter, but this is about a specific verse. So, I guess my life verse would work as my favorite. It is Deuteronomy 31:13 (You will like that palindrominous number! And if that wasn't a word before, it is now. =) Deuteronomy 31:13 ~ “And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God...”
8. Super Hero: Jason the Dragonfly Warrior ;) But if you insist that he is not a real super hero, I will help protect his secret identity and say that Mr. Incredible is my favorite super hero.
9. Talk show and topic: Hmmm.... another hard one. I will say 20/20 with Diane Sawyer and the topic would be Education: How American Society is Getting “Dumber”.
Ok, had to split this into two because I exceeded the character limit...
ReplyDelete10. Favorite Bible story: This one is easy. It's the story of Esther and the story of Ruth. Maybe it's because they are both love stories and because they are some of the few about a lady, but I have always loved them.
11. Nick-name from Parents: Of the many, many beloved nick-names I have had (I love them all because they make me feel so accepted) I can't think of any that were from my parents! I have been Annabelle, Anna-banana, Anna-lily, Glasses, Texas Tornado, Sunshine, Aynne, and more but they were all from teachers, co-workers, my sister, my brother, Grandparents, and friends.
12. Favorite Ninja Turtle: Uh... there are turtles that are ninjas? OK, OK, I have heard of them... But that's it. I am pretty sure there were 4 and a rat, but that's all I know. I never watched the show or the movies and couldn't tell you their names if my life depended on it.
13. Change about my life now: My five year old self would probably say that I need to love and trust with the same abandon that I had then, to tear down the walls, be more open, take more risk to gain more reward. My five year old self must have been quite the thinker! I guess she would have put it more like this, “Give more hugs. Say 'I love you' more often. Oh, and it's OK to cry too.” =)
14. Best Gift: There have been several good ones, like the Mickey Mouse watch when I was 6, my class ring when I was a Senior in high school, all of the Nancy Drew books I got for years... I guess the best one though was my GPS I got for my birthday/graduation from college. I am often directionally challenged when driving in unfamiliar settings and who knows where all I would have ended up without that thing!
15. Song to Cry About: There are lots of songs that move me, but one that always moves me to tears every time I hear it is, “It Has Always Been the Soldier.”
16. Musical instrument: The violin. Because of the movie “Mr. Holland's Opus.”
17. Favorite Teacher and Inspiration: OK, this is hard. It should really be a list... But if I absolutely had to choose... “Grandpa Burgett” He just loved all of us students so much. And he had such a burden for souls. It was impossible to be around him and not catch a little of his burden.
18. Want to Visit: Anywhere! (see the landmark question =) In reality my first choice would be New York State, including NYC and Niagra Falls! Second place would have to be Ireland.
19. Worms or Skydiving: Ugh...gross, gross, gross...but worms. I could and assuredly would throw up afterward, but I would LIVE. Skydiving I would be absolutely terrified to do anyway because I have a great fear of falling to my death (otherwise known as a fear of heights). The second reason would be I just cannot justify risking my life for a thrill, and there have been people who died trying to skydive. Never heard of anyone dying because they ate an earthworm...
20. Worst song: Well, I don't know about anyone getting shot, but I can't stand the song, “Mary, Did You Know?” It drives me crazy! I just want to shout out the obvious answers to each dumb question the song asks.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete1. Middle name: Lee. I received my entire name from a song lyric. “I got a girl named Benny Lee. I know that girls been true to me.” Later the name was changed to Bonnie Lee; I assume the reason is obvious!
ReplyDelete2. Childhood Food Memory: some of the best memories were with my grandparents Totter. They were great at entertaining and family feasts. I guess the best memories were when my grandmother would make crepes for breakfast. They were AMAZING!
3. First Job: Lifeguard! I spent my summers protect and saving the lives of Caldwellites! So really, I am like a hero or something. OH! I may have been some kids Wendy Peffercorn! BEST JOB EVER!
4. National Landmarks: I have been fortunate enough to have seen a few. I guess my fav would have been Mt. Rushmore. It is just so crazy. There are faces just showing up in the middle of the mountains! Random…
5. Signature Drink: I am not quite sure what you are asking here. A drink we always have, our signature drink, or a new drink that reflects us?... Either way, I can answer both ways! My signature drink is water. Boring, plain, old water. I drink it everywhere I go. If someone invented a drink and named it after me, it would be a smoothie filled with mango and lemon yogurt. I can’t think of a name for it right now…
6. Pick My Own Name: If I picked my name when I was born, it would be something like, “WHAA!” because that is all I could say when I was born.
7. Fav Bible Verse: “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all of my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth my nothing.” 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Love is everything, and anything without love in nothing…
8. Fav Super Hero: This is a hard one, but I think I would go with Jean Grey. The whole super-intelligence thing is very appealing!
9. Talk Show Guest: I would be on the Jerry Springer Show! HAHAHA, just kidding! I can’t really think of a reason I would be on a talk show, so I have no clue! Oh, no, I just thought of one. I would be on Inside the Actors Studio, and of course the topic would be ME!
10. Fav Bible Story: I didn’t hear any bible stories when I was a kid, so I have to go with my favorite from when I was a teenager. Even then, my favorite isn’t really a story. At a chapel in OKC someone preached about a dude that fell out of a window. I can’t remember the story or anything, but it’s in there! Anyway, that was my favorite lesson: Be more inside then out, or the more inside you are, the less likely you are to fall.
11. Parents Nickname: My dad still calls me Bo!
ReplyDelete12. Fav Ninja Turtle: Leonardo – the brains!
13. Five-Year-Old Self: I really don’t know the answer to this. I don’t have a lot of happy memories from when I was five, or the years to follow. Maybe my five-year-old self would tell me that I should be nicer to my mom. I don’t know.
14. Best Gift: One Christmas I got a car. A 1977 Mercedes 300TD. That was pretty awesome, but I have been given gifts, not for a holiday/occasion that have meant so much more. If non-occasion gifts count, I would say that Joanie and Debby gave me the best gifts ever in their friendship, love and acceptance at a time when I needed all three the most.
15. Cry Song: I can’t think of a single song that makes me cry. It just doesn’t exist.
16. Musical Instrument: I grew up playing the violin and bass violin; I wish I still played more, but if I got to choose any it would be the bagpipes. Ok, so it’s a little impractical, but would be crazy fun and a good conversation topic!
17. Fav Teacher: Yeagor, one of my chem. Profs taught me that to be a chemist, I don’t have to be a genius. He also taught me that it is possible to be a scientist and maintain a standard based on faith without conflict.
18. Most like to Visit: Good question! I can think of a lot of places. I have not been to NYC and specifically Broadway and I would LOVE to get to go, but if I could go anywhere I think it would be a grand tour of South America. I would want to see the Chilean beaches. I understand the Mountains meet the sea and it is amazing. I would also want to go to Peru and visit the sheep farms/fiber harvests. Plus many other things, but you don’t want to hear my travel plans!
19. Worms/Skydiving: Well, this is easy. I have both eaten a worm and gone skydiving so hands down, without question, skydiving. One of the most amazing things I have ever done, and would do it a million times over.
20. Worst Song: There are a lot of bad songs out there. I think the worst song of my generation/time would be Ice Ice Baby and Vanilla Ice deserves a wound for that atrocity!