Monday, July 25, 2011

we could all use a little change

Sometimes change happens so quickly, you barely have time to grab on to your life as it moves forward, threatening to leave you behind. I don’t mean that to sound scary or anything, it’s just that as I look around at my life, it is intensely different than just two months ago.


I moved from Oklahoma to New York, so I was anticipating a “little difference” in day to day life. I say that facetiously, but in reality, the evolution of Jason has taken on an immensity not even I expected. The new things in life are as follows: city, ministry opportunity, apartment, job (completely different company), coworkers, church, blog, social group, roommate, budget, and transportation system. I wouldn’t say it’s overwhelming, more intense.


Then I remember, I’m in New York. It isn’t going to slow down for me. One guy I work with said it well, “you’ll learn who you really are here.” Through a lot of prayer and searching, I found a job, a good one in a difficult job market.


I just realized something, the one thing that is the same, but changed the most is me. I guess the statement my coworker made is going to be very true. In a way, all of the external things that had been permitted to define me are gone. No longer will I be defined by my job, or anything else; the roles I take on can be defined by who I was made to be.


You too were made to be you. Take a minute to reflect on where you are in life right now. I’m not saying you should change everything about your life, just change one thing. Determine what you were made for, and allow that purpose to define you and the various roles you take on as life moves forward.

2 comments:

  1. Life does have a tendency to move on around us, doesn't it? Glad that you are where you are supposed to be and learning the lessons that God had scheduled next for you in His Lesson Plans. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us, your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, visit my blog ok... my blog is http://semua2ada.blogspot.com/ , thank you...

    ReplyDelete