Friday, July 15, 2011

dear, sincerely

Dear
Cancer,


You weren’t supposed to... Not my family... It was supposed to be our turn to catch a break. Why do the moments of happy with each other have to be threatened by you? The person you are infecting is important to us all and has somebody they are supposed to grow old with, and people who need to go to them for questions and have them be there for the milestones in our lives.


Sincerely,


The family member who has run out of words to express how they feel


*****


Dear God,


Cancer. The word scares us. It scares me. It hurts me to know some one I love is in pain. I know you are good and right and that you feel my pain. You hurt when I hurt and you are the one who cares most about me. There are no “buts” except in the areas of our hearts and minds that just don’t understand. I want you to heal and take it away as only you can, but if that is not your plan, give us grace to fill those empty places in our minds and hearts left vacant. Thank You for the time we’ve had. Please give us more.


Sincerely,


The tears you understand when words can’t be spoken

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jason... I am so sorry. My father has been fighting for a few years now. We have learned to be grateful for every hug, every talk, and every moment we get to spend with him. I am sending all of my love to you and your family. I know the pain that nasty word can bring. I also know the love and joy that a family can give to their loved one. If there is anything I can do (be a sounding board, a sympathetic ear, help your parents in any way, or anything you think of) please don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete