Friday, June 17, 2011

War Games

I was looking at my name all scrunched together and I realized that by removing an “r” and the “l” from my middle and last name, it spells “war enemy.” Which reminded me of that game where you take a big, long word and try to spell as many smaller words as you can using the same letters. So lets do that with my scrunched up name, but first there are some ground rules.

  1. Time limit of 2 minutes. (Honor system here people, honor system).
  2. One point for each word and like Boggle, two points for words with more than six letters. (I know you get two points for five-letter words, but I said like Boggle, not an exact replication of the game).
  3. “War” and “enemy” are my gifts to you. Sad. Those are my first gifts to my faithful readers, but whatever.
  4. Post your list of words as a comment. But don’t look at other lists until after you are done (which is what I would do, so I’m making it a rule).
Finally, to kick it off right, I will share with you one of the words which I find to be very appropriate. AWESOME. Check it out, it’s in there.

OK, have fun! Later, we can take other people’s names and do the same game.

5 comments:

  1. He he he! This was fun! Here is my list.
    sam
    man
    men
    manly
    new
    ewe
    mew
    ram
    jam
    Jew
    won
    marry
    wary

    And yes, I could have kept on going, but I followed your two minute limit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleh, time limit stressed me out! =) Okay, besides your freebies:
    jar
    lemony
    lemon
    son
    yes
    men
    melon
    name
    mason
    wares
    Roman
    jam
    marrow
    laser
    lone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally a pro at this game! lol, just not at getting big words. and your name has an s, so its easy to double up on words with the plural.
    I did this in Word, so spell check says they all exist!

    Son
    Real
    Reel
    Reels
    Eel
    Eels
    Saw
    Raw
    Law
    Laws
    Lease
    Sale
    Yes
    Lear
    Mow
    Mows
    Low
    Lows
    Lowe
    Lowes
    Rome
    Row
    Rows
    Roman
    Romans
    Wars
    Men
    Men’s
    Lam
    Lams
    Male
    Males
    Won
    None
    Woe
    Woes
    Roe
    Roes
    No
    Nom
    Lon
    Los
    Loses
    Lose
    Worse
    Worsen
    Nose
    Mom
    Moms
    Mole
    Moles
    Sole
    Lame
    Lames
    Same
    Jam
    Jams
    Sam
    Jaw
    Jaws
    Jar
    Jars
    Jan
    Jans
    Laser
    Lasers
    Meals
    Lean
    Meal
    Leans

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so Bennt is apparently really good at this. I want to see you and my sister go at it in a game of Boggle...
    This is my list of words...
    jam
    jar
    wars
    lame
    male
    nose
    near
    son
    sonar
    slam
    were
    wyles
    swear
    swore
    sewer
    rare
    raw
    now
    new
    news
    sore
    ran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! And to think I thought I did good with my pitiful little list... LOL

    ReplyDelete