I wanted to say I had registered to vote, but I actually have to wait until I am a resident of NY for 30 days. I haven’t been here that long yet, but in about a week and a half I will be able to vote in New York. I was looking at my check earlier and I am now paying taxes in NY, not that I am super excited about paying taxes, just saying I’m giving my money to NY government now instead of Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping o’er the plain.
I don’t intend for this become a political platform of any kind, but I will say this, register to vote when you are of age. This government is ours, and it is our responsibility to make our voice heard. I most likely will not agree with the political stance of everyone who follows this blog, as not all will agree with mine. Discussion should be had and our elected officials need to look (really, start looking) at what is best for everyone, not whoever gives more to campaigns or to favor whatever agenda they think might hold more influence in the future.
I am conservative and I know many people who are liberal, and appreciate the opportunity to respectfully discuss (or passionately argue;)) how those differences should be allowed to shape the direction of the country as a whole. That being said, I think all rational thinkers will agree that people should shut up if they are not going to participate in the process. If you are not going to pay taxes or vote, you should neither have a say in what and how things are done nor be rewarded on someone else’s dime. Period. Be responsible before being responsive.
Also, 10 points if you are registered to vote in your state NOW, 5 points if you register within a week of reading this.
I get 10 points! Yay for me! Maybe you should have extended your time period for the 5 points thing. 'Cause you can't register within a week, so you robbed yourself of 5 points, which you kinda need since last time I heard you were in the negative points for the umbrella song... LIMB. ;-)
ReplyDelete