Friday, June 17, 2011

Umbrella


I still hate cars, but if you are on you’re way to or from work, you can sit in your car while a torrential down pour passes. When you walk to work from the train and the rain starts, you just have to duck under the closest overhang if possible. Today, I got

caught outside when it started pouring, and there was even some pea sized hail to boot. It was the first time a girl at work had seen hail and thought it was big, which made me laugh thinking of the nearly softball-sized hail that hit Oklahoma last spring.

Today made me realize that an umbrella would be good investment, as long as I started paying attention to weather forecasts. And no, I was not singing in the rain, but I do have some pictures, well just one picture, of what I looked like when I made it to the store. One more thing to get used to when riding the subway.

BTW, if you sung that stupid umbrella song in your head when I mentioned the word umbrella, you should lose points. However I will be generous, you only lose one point if you sung (out loud or in your head) up the repeating of “ella, ella, ella.” I you, kept going and repeated the “umbrella, ella, ella” through to the “hey, hey, hey” part minus two for you.

So sadly, I have negative points right now, even with the one from not being a sociopath. Stupid... whoever sings that song... you’re luck I’m not a sociopath!


2 comments:

  1. "Singing in the rain, Oh singing in the rain, What a glorious feeling I am happy again!" Does this qualify as an obscure reference and therefore earn me a point?

    And wow, that "umbrella song" was nowhere near my thoughts until you put it there! You definitely deserve to lose points for getting it stuck in your readers heads. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think of the umbrella song until you brought it up.
    However, I probably should still lose a point since, during that rain/hail storm, my coworkers and I were watching out our office window and chuckling at the people running by without umbrellas.
    And did you notice the sun came out about 5 minutes later?

    ReplyDelete