The other day I was running behind just a little bit and when I was heading out the door, I forgot to grab my book to read on the train. This just meant that I would have to stare off into space during the ride in to Manhattan. As I’m heading up the platform, I see there are some AM NY papers left (a free publication) so I grab one figuring I can complete and utter boredom. I fold the paper under my arm and go up the stairs and slide my metro card to get on the train.
Then something totally weird happened. I was standing on the platform waiting for the train and decide to start reading the paper, but it was gone. It wasn’t in my work folder, or under my arm. It wasn’t strewn about the platform, it was just gone. It kinda creeped me out. I even check my wallet. I don’t know why I checked my wallet, but I did. Seriously, maybe a pick-pocket stole the paper while they were snatching my wallet. It could happen.
So I ended up riding in utter madness while watching some of the other riders with their papers all the while thinking “I used to have one of those...” One of them probably stole it...
Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI usually avoid writing "lol," but it literally applies here. =D
ReplyDelete