Saturday, November 12, 2011

subway part something

Trains have a tendency to be fickle. On wednesday and thursday I had to be to work at the same time, 7:30. I typically leave an hour before so I get to work on time. Usually I have 1o minutes to spare. The odd thing was on these two days I left at the same time (6:30), and arrived at 7:45 on wednesday and 7:20 on thursday. Really annoying for me to be late like that on wednesday, even though I left on time. The train was just being slow. It was like those times when I would drive and get stuck behind some cowpoke moseying his way through the country-side and not being able to pass him.


Aside from that frustration, I was witness to, and a party in a couple of train blocking incidents. The other day I was a very crowded train and when we came to a very busy station, this one lady was fighting to get out the door. Another impatient woman trying to get on actually pushed the woman back in to the train as she got on. The first woman pushed herself and the second woman off. Then they seemed more intent on giving push back than in their respective destinations.


Then just today as I was trying to get off at one station to make my switch to another station, the crowd getting on was not waiting for anyone to get off. I ended up having to pretty much push a lady off to get out. I wasn’t mean or violent or anything like that, and the lady didn’t try to bite my head off or push me back. Seriously though, some people are ridiculous.


On a lighter note, I was able to spend time with some missionaries that are in the city for my church’s mission’s conference. On the return trip we were entertained by a group from junior ROTC. At each stop a couple of them would run out of the car, across the platform to touch the train or opposite wall and run back. It was almost like chinese fire-drills from when I was younger. Wow, that last line made me feel like I was some old dude putting in his false teeth to tell a story starting with, “when I was your age...”

No comments:

Post a Comment